Monday, March 5, 2012

Beliebers

This is a post in response to "Making Good Deeds Public": http://christandpopularculture.blogspot.com/2012/03/making-good-deeds-public.html

I enjoyed this post and learned a little bit more about Justin Bieber and his philanthropist side. While Sandra commented that she thought that his actions were disingenuous, I think it is important to re-evaluate the effect that this has on the fans and followers of Justin Bieber.



Justin is easily the biggest and most well known teen star in the world. His every move is tracked by hundreds and thousands of "Beliebers". While I am no "belieber" myself, I have to give credit to Justin for maintaining a positive image for his fans. We have all witnessed the demise and downfall of countless teen stars, as they succumb to the pressures of drugs, alcohol, and the fast past hollywood lifestyle. As my mother would say, "too much money, not enough brains".

Justin, on the other hand, has lived a pretty well-behaved public life thus far. His very public relationship with (my look-a-like) Selena Gomez is the only thing that any one could possibly say is not living up to his good-boy image. Yes, we've all seen those pictures of them on vacation when he's squeezing her behind... but you've all done it. Don't lie.

Relating back to Christianity, he has always been open and honest about his faith. He is quoted in an interview as saying:

"I'm a Christian, I believe in God, I believe that Jesus died on a cross for my sins," Bieber says in a new interview about the memoir. "I believe that I have a relationship and I'm able to talk to him and really, he's the reason I'm here, so I definitely have to remember that. As soon as I start forgetting, I've got to click back and be like, you know, this is why I'm here."


Read More http://www.ivillage.com/justin-bieber-talks-jesus-and-marriage/1-a-294985#ixzz1oItsPSMz

Personally, I think that this sort of role model is good for young kids growing up. It fosters a positive attitude for religion, and lets kids and teens know that it is okay to be proud of who you are-- including your faith. His contribution to charities and dedication to his fans is outstanding. I constantly see him meeting with young fans, children as young as 3 years old, visiting and playing with children who are dying and ill. There is nothing negative about this, and although some may question his motives behind it, I think it is still worth noting that he does it.

Good for you Justin, Good for you.

Haters Gon Hate.......


Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment